Thursday, June 24, 2010

blargh

I've been having trouble motivating myself to get out and do tourist-y things... I know I should.  I mean, as long as I'm here, right???

But when I don't have interviews scheduled, I mostly find myself floundering, or getting online, or working on my budget, or something dull like that.  Take this afternoon, for instance. I had a morning interview, which I finished at 11, and then - freedom!  I could have gone to the beach!  Or the eagle conservation place!  Or the volcano!  Or the islands!  Or the pineapple plantations!

So many possibilities, right?

And yet here I am, in a cafe, reading feminist blogs and catching up on the news.  What a waste, eh?  I could wait to do this until I get home, but I can't see Philippine eagles at home!

I think it has something to do with being alone... hanging out at the beach by myself, or going to visit the volcano by myself, just isn't that appealing.  If I was here with friends, I think I would be all about getting out and seeing things - maybe even to an annoying degree - but by myself, I am FAILING at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment