Monday, September 20, 2010

4. What's a girl gotta do...

... to get a newspaper delivered around here?

I could get the Independent delivered. THEY do home delivery. But I don't WANT the Independent. I want the Guardian! And hours (seriously... sometimes I get obsessive about things) searching the Guardian's website (sometimes I hate calling people) has persuaded me that they simply don't do daily delivery to individual houses. They don't do it. End of story.

And that it's not JUST the Guardian - it's a British thing!

You can subscribe, of course... in which case you get a pack vouchers to hand to your newsagent! like, OUTSIDE! after you have gotten dressed and gone out in the cold and walked to the tube stop and might as well start your whole day.

So, apparently, some newsagents will deliver papers for a fee. But to find out how that works, I'll have to ask a newsagent. And our local newsagent kind of intimidates me. Also, is usually on his mobile when I walk by.

Okay, and I hate sounding like a stupid American, which is how I imagine I will sound when I say, "sooo, do you deliver? papers? to houses? like, in the morning? every morning? maybe?" So I guess what I have to do is risk sounding like an idiot in front of somebody intimidating. And also pay lots of money. Cultural experience, here I come!


I just would like to read my morning dose of depressing without having to put my shoes on. Is that so much to ask?

2 comments:

  1. you would love the independent

    ReplyDelete
  2. but I already love the Guardian!

    (you might be right, though...)

    ReplyDelete