Saturday, August 7, 2010

transcription

thanks, Julie, for your tip! 

she had great advice that enabled me to make a poor life decision.  for instance, by combining F4 and NaturallySpeaking, I have developed a system that allows me to make pretty accurate transcriptions - with time stamps!  - using a headset and 2 keys on the keyboard.  pretty quickly - faster than realtime, actually, as long as I am taking cliff-notes for most of it and only fully transcribing the bits i want to quote.

this, in turn, allows me to transcribe while lying down with my eyes closed on a comfy couch.

which, in turn, uh... well... i'm sure you can fill in the blanks...

2 comments:

  1. I am the transcription queen :) welcome to the world of hmmm, ah, un huh, oh, mmmh! And naps are necessary - especially on comfy couches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say I like it and thanks.
    Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog.
    Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post!

    Read legal transcription provider

    ReplyDelete